Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tardis Update :) (Part2)

Just to give you all an idea of how much work goes into creating a design and making it a reality.

Step 1: Find a basic image of the item you want to quiltafy (my word).

Step 2: Draw out on graph paper usingproper dimentions. Figuring out color scheme as you go.

Took about 1.5 hours.


Step 3: Trace onto trace paper and devide into sections. Make detailed sections its own section and zoom (make sense?).




Step 4: (This is the most time consuming process) Number each piece in each section. Pick a constant. Mine is each square on the grid = 1.5 ". Now measure each piece (the dementions, height and length). I like to draw a small shape to represent the measurements. Also, multiply by how many pieces you need of each shape. The circled number is the cordinating number to the larger section number. Oh and this took longer because I used 2.5" at first and realized the quilt would have beed king sized, so I had to convert everything down to 1.5" that is why all the numbers are circled in yellow, I had to correct them.


It took me about 3 Dr. Who episodes to do steps 3-4.


To be continued.....








No comments:

Post a Comment